- Education - Group classes, private lessons, workshops, camps for kids and adults
- Social club activities – monthly social parties at the studio and field trips to other dance places with students and teachers
- Competitions activities – students and teachers competing in variety of different local, national and international competitions
- You Can Dance Performance group – with performances serving the community and beyond, providing dancers for different events
We are seeking candidates interested in learning about dance studio administration and operation.
There are 4 areas of concentration:
- Finance and Business Administration
- Marketing and Advertisement
- Teacher Assistant/ Teacher Trainee
While the internship is based in one area, participants will get a broad view of the overall workings of the whole studio through involvement with various projects and events. Interns will also gain administrative experience in basic budgeting, project management, business writing, customer service and database training.
Internships are hosted year round. Beginning/end dates will be mutually agreed upon on individual basis. a commitment for 2-10 hours a week for 12-18 weeks is required (may vary depending on the project).
- Excellent time management skills and superb attention to details
- Responsible, reliable and efficient
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills (English)
- Proficiency with PC and Mac- MS Word, MS Excel, WordPress and general Internet proficiency
- Background in dance, music, theater, or performing arts is preferred
- For Teacher Assistant /Teacher Trainee program strong dance skills are required
- Unlimited group classes at YCD
- Access to $10 subsidized studio rental rate
- Discounted Master Classes and Private lessons (subject to availability)
Submit writing sample along with your intern application.
- Research business opportunities for You Can Dance using online tools
- Research donation/fundraising possibilities for Dance It Up (use of Wealth Engine and Foundation Center on line)
- Process donations and keep records
- Write thank you and acknowledgment letters
- Update membership records
- Assist with planning and execution of promotional events
- Provide administrative assistance to Director in development effort
Finance and Business Administration
- Focus on studio operations
- Assist with Human Resource administration and maintaining employees records
- Assist with budgeting and cash flow management
- Provide assistance to Director in bookkeeping, receipts collecting
- Provide assistance with financial database updating
- Provide assistance with weekly audits, track weekly studio needs
- Provide assistance with registering clients, take payments and scheduling classes using Mindbody software
- Assist in Special Events, Studio Rentals,general Office Management ( payments recording, reporting)
- Provide support to teachers and associate as needed
Marketing and Advertising
Submit a work sample along with your intern application demonstrating experience in graphic/web, design, video or photo editing, or related skill. Experience in video editing and production is needed. Knowledge of digital marketing/different social media outlets needed. Strong writing /journalism skills are plus. Knowledge of Adobe software: Photoshop, Illustrator etc.Candidates must have their own shooting/production equipment.
- Design and update marketing material for print and web- including brochures, calendars, postcards, press kits, banner ads, social media content etc.
- Shoot video/photo footage of different Studio and Dance It Up activities, events, and community programs
- Research potential stories and pitch interesting and relevant content for use on website and social media outlets – including written articles, photos, and videos
- Assist with updating and maintaining websites
- Create, schedule and post content on Facebook pages
Teacher Assistant/ Teacher Trainee (TA/TT)
TA/TT reports to Director and assist with management of Adult and Youth programs. Qualifications include a strong interest in dance education, maturity and disposition to work in class settings and one-on-one situation. Advanced proficiency in dance required.
Responsibility include but not limited to:
- Help taking attendance
- Assist students in classes
- Lead certain parts of class as required by teacher
- Be a source of positive and enthusiastic energy in the class.
- Communicate with students about their needs and goals
- Report to Teacher and/or Director
- Participate in out-of -the studio activities, like field trips or competitions.
The TA is required to attend every class he/she committed to for the time period that agreed. Absences are subject to Director’s approval to avoid termination of Intern agreement. Letter of recommendation will be given to candidates that for-field the full term of agreement.
Special benefit for TA/TT program will include Teacher Certification Opportunity. We offer Certifications in 4 different Ballroom Styles. Assistance with employment at YCD studio or other ballroom studios will be provided for successful candidates.
The following is required as a part of your application:
- Resume including your education and work experience/ skills
- Recommendation letter with references
- Cover letter to include info on how you can contribute to You Can Dance and Dance It UP, what you would like to get out of your internship and your availability
Send all applications to YCDstudio@hotmail.com. Indicate area of interest in the subject line of your email.